The Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations serves as an umbrella organization for American Jewish groups offering a unified voice for issues of significance to the community. Groups from across the political and religious spectrum are represented in the organization, allowing for greater consensus and wider impact.
In response to the crisis between Israel and Hamas in the summer of 2014, the Conference of Presidents invited leaders from across North America to Washington to attend a National Leadership Assembly for Israel. High-ranking elected officials and diplomats from both sides of the political aisle addressed the assembly, asserting that the United States stands with Israel at its time of need.
Given the accelerated timetable between the genesis of the event and its taking place, the team rapidly worked with the Conference of Presidents’ leadership to raise awareness of the assembly in the local and national media. We targeted national security reporters, press interested in Israel, local and national daybooks and national news networks.
As a result of our outreach, the National Leadership Assembly for Israel obtained widespread international coverage in print, online, television and radio. The team also arranged for the entirety of the event to be shown live on C-SPAN to a national audience.
- Reuters: U.S. officials defend Kerry from Israeli criticism
- The Hill: Lawmakers vow to stand by Israel in Gaza fight
- The Guardian: Susan Rice launches staunch defence of Israel despite ‘alarming’ Gaza death toll
- Wall Street Journal: Lawmakers Rally Behind Israel at Conference of Jewish Groups
- Times of Israel: Rice, Dermer talk up US-Israel ties, Kerry’s ceasefire efforts